Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney

What if you have some one living with you and some one else

Customer Question

What if you have some one living with you and some one else has there money and they will not pay there right amount of portion what do I do
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 14 days ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Is the person living with you named on the lease? If not, did you have an agreement that they would pay rent before they moved in? Also, what state are you in?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
they are on my lease but the person handling her money will pay. Me what's owed

You unfortunately cannot evict your roommate in this scenario, but you don't have to agree to accept money from a third party. You can sue your roommate for the money you're owed. If the third party signed a document agreeing to pay you on your roommate's behalf, then it's also possible to sue them. However, any time someone agrees to pay someone else's debt, it's only enforceable if the promise is in a signed writing.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 12 days ago.

Did you have any other questions about this?