You should still put a lien on the home as you can try to foreclose on that lien if there is a positive equity balance that exceeds his exempt equity in the home. You do not have to wait till he dies or the house sells. You can also try to garnish his bank accounts and wages.
1. To attach a lien to his real estate, you can take or mail the abstract of judgment to the county recorder's office in any California county where he owns real estate now, or may own it in the future.
2. These forms should help you get started on the wage garnishment:
WG-001*Application For Earnings Withholding Order
WG-002*Earnings Withholding Order
3. Here are the instruction on how to garnish his bank accounts.
(1) The information provided above is general in nature and for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information. If you need or want legal advice you should consult with a local lawyer of your choice who can better guide you after reviewing all the pertinent facts and details. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we have.
(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and
(3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.