Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.

Me and my roommate on bad term. She told me to leave. So i

Customer Question

Me and my roommate on bad term. She told me to leave. So i take my name off the water bill now am trying take my name off the lease. So i went to rental office to get off the lease but saying that both of us has to be there. I called to let her know but she told be talk to them. Help how do o get off this lease without no problems
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, in order to let you out of the lease, BOTH tenants on the lease need to agree along with the landlord to release you. So, if your roommate refuses to sign, then your only way out of the lease would be filing a civil suit against your roommate for breach of lease for forcing you to leave and you can get the court to order removal of the lease.