Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Tenant vacated apartment after giving proper notice however

Customer Question

tenant vacated apartment after giving proper notice however some of her belongings still remain. she said she intends to retrieve them in 1 to 2 weeks after lease expires. when can I remove her belonging if 1-2 weeks turns into 3 or more weeks?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: month to month lease. security deposit. utilities in tenant name. I would like to transfer utilities into my name now that apartment is vacant.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this time
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Do you have a solid lease agreement that clearly states that in the event of abandoned property, that pursuant to PA Act 129, that you reserve the right to dispose of the property in accordance with the Act?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug