Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.

I am a landlord and My tenant is asking me to do Power wash

Customer Question

Hi, I am a landlord and My tenant is asking me to do Power wash a home in PA. whose responsibility is this?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: PA
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Lease says maintainance is supported by Landlord.. But nothing is mentioned about power wash..
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.. This is it. my renter is currentely staying in property..
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 13 days ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Why does the tenant believe they are entitled to demand a power wash of the house?

Expert:  Loren replied 13 days ago.

What will they do if the landlord refuses?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I don't what he will do.. But he is asking power wash for no reason..He is asking just for sake to do it..No reason really..
Expert:  Loren replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for the additional information. There is nothing in the Pennsylvania statutes which creates a legal obligation for the landlord to power wash the premises upon the demand of the tenant. Therefore, any such obligation would have to be contained in the terms of the lease. If there is no provision for a power wash in the lease then the tenant has no legal basis to demand one.

So, you can legally decline the request and the tenant can not force you.

Expert:  Loren replied 13 days ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!

Expert:  Loren replied 10 days ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!