How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been living with my boyfriend for 22 years of which

Customer Question

I have been living with my boyfriend for 22 years of which 17 years in Yonkers N Y now because of my boyfriend having a stroke his daughters are trying to force me out to leave him so he can come back to an empty place. what are my rights ?
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: The property is located in Yonkers New York in New York State . Westchester County. And to my knowledge I have not heard from a lawyer, I have been attending to the care of my boyfriend while he was in rehab recouping.
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: There was never a lease just a verbal agreement that my boyfriend pay the rent and I pay the bills, his daughter stated that she will for go the rent until he returns , but in the mean time she told the other daughter that she did not want me ( this bitch ) living in her house or with her father, my boyfriend.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: one more thing I have done everything asked of me and I have no ties with the daughters . Why cant I stay with my boyfriend ?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: As I've explained as of this coming Tuesday I will be calling the courts to see what if anything I can do. The date is October 13, 2016 and as of now I can't pay this amount to ask you for anymore information or help. But I thank you for trying. I'm sorry I've wasted your time.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Assied from being physically abused and that I have two police complaints against them , ! where are my rights and what more can I do to protect my boyfriend and myself as a couple .?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 6 months ago.

Do any of his daughters has POA over him or any legal right at this time, to act on his behalf? Also, is the lease solely in his name?

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions