Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney 35 years extensive and active real estate practice; represents both landlords and tenants
18215332

My tenant in Portland gave me a 60 day notice to vacate my

Customer Question

My tenant in Portland gave me a 60 day notice to vacate my house now she wants more time. My house is sold and I cannot extend the time. What can i do to protect and get her out?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: OREGON
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: her lease expired in August
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how much does your service cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: ok
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for contacting JUST ANSWER. If the lease is over and her 60 day period has passed, you should start immediate eviction proceedings in your local small claims court. If you do not do so you are in danger of breaching the contract of sale if it requires you to give possession of the property on the date of closing.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.