Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have asked my landlord to stop including me on group

Customer Question

I have asked my landlord to stop including me on group emails or texts with other residents due to privacy act. She obviously does not know how to make the recipients name unidentified. She has ignored this request and I have had several junk emails and texts from these people. As well as, I work in a large industry and wish not for anyone to know who my landlord is. One of her residents may very well be a client of mine. Please advise.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I posted my greetings to, then for some reason lost your post. Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You may file complaint against your Landlord with the Attorney General's Office.

You may also file lawsuit against your Landlord for violation of your privacy. This lawsuit would be filed at the federal Court in your district because it deals with federal law. You may retain the services of a law firm or an Attorney who handles privacy rights/civil rights issues to assist you with the case.

You can use the following link to find civil rights Attorneys:

Civil Rights Attorneys

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not really the answer I was looking for. Is there a way I can handle myself?Does it constitute as violation of privacy to disclose my personal number and/or email address to others?

Not really the answer I was looking for. Is there a way I can handle myself?

Response 1: I am sorry, but there is no simple solution to your issue.

If you are familiar with the federal Court system, you can represent yourself. Each federal Courthouse has instructions for pro se litigants. Click here to find your Courthouse.

Does it constitute as violation of privacy to disclose my personal number and/or email address to others?

Response 2: Yes, it does. That's why I responded the way that I did not previously.