Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Here is my situation I been living at my residence for 5

Customer Question

Hello, So here is my situation I been living at my residence for 5 years. Just recently has a housing inspection and they said I failed the inspection. I live at the villages at curtis park . The housing lady there is new to the complex. So anyhow I asked when she was there what did I fail. she would not tell me, nor another party that asked that was there at the time. Her response was I would get a letter in two weeks to correct what was needed I never received a letter in two weeks. a month passes, A neighbor of mine came and said hey this was at the bottom of your stairs folded up it was a third notice that I had failed to do what was asked of me. I immediately notified manangement by email when I received such notice which was the 21st of September. Stating I never received anything by mail or verbally which this letter states I was told verbally. no I was not. so however since than I have rescheduled two other appts which last Friday and the previous Friday which again she failed to sj=how up when I notified management about this issue again by email for my documentation the managers response to me was she was there I was driving by your place and saw her enter. My reply to management was no one entered my home to do my inspection my whole household was there. She put another notice on my door that stated I failed to comply. This past Friday I had another APPT. AGain she did not show up as scheduled. I had a neighbor stay to see if she would show up she did 15 minutes late proceeded to do a walk though at this time and again would not tell my neighbor as to whether I passed or failed, I was told to contact the office monday morning which was October third. since IO have had the run around with mamangement who say they cant tell me anything but the thing is my recert is due today and im scared to recertify if I did not pass my inspection on the 21st of September they mailed out a notice to lease termination I am lost at this point where to go from here
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: I AM currently in Denver Colorado and I reside at THE VILLAGES AT CURTIS PARK
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: I am on tax credit and PHA IPM
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 months ago.

Under the lease, what is your responsibility and what is the landlord's responsibility with regard to making repairs?

Obviously, we are not in a position to help you to repair work. What is it that you are asking us with regard to the legality of your situation? Who does the inspector work for, the city, code enforcement, the Board of Health or the apartment owners?