Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I am working on a case, where a landlord is evicting a

Customer Question

I am working on a case , where a landlord is evicting a tenant after he complained that there was an emergency in his apartment, took them 4 days!! I told him to put money in the registry in the clerk of courts, and i drafted a letter. The heading I want a Judge to determine rented owed and again he has pictures videos showing the unbelievably malice way they treated him. There is a conference set up for mediation or to go to trial? Can i go in to the conference and ask the judge that since he can't afford council i will represent him, can i ask for an extension at the conference , where the meeting with the landlord, the plaintiff and the Judge? I need time to prepare evidence and portray a picture so clarity can come alive in the jurors eyes. Can i ask and get an extension for him, and is there a possibility the Landlord would have to fork up 3 months free to him for the malice and cunning way they treated his emergency then they would not accept his receipt , showing payment, but subsequently the payment never got there and he was served a 3 day notic to vacate the property?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Are you an Attorney?

Where is the case pending?