Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My daughter received a 30 Day Notice of Termination for her

Customer Question

My daughter received a 30 Day Notice of Termination for her utility bill not being paid. The date was for 7-28. On 7-11- 16, she received a 14 Day notice for her rent payment. Once again on 7-12-16 she received a 48 hr notice to pay her rent she paid her rent the next day. She THEN received a notice on 7-14-16 she received a letter saying they couldn't accept the payment because eviction proceedings had already been started. The case wasn't filed until 8-19? She has got to have some legal leg to fight this, this is Housing and if she is evicted she cannot be eligible for housing for 5 yrs and practically all properties for low income are owned by housing!
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also she went to court, didn't know she could dispute and ended up with an agreed order to vacate on the second, we asked for more time and was told by phone she could have until the fourth do we have to physically have receive any physical notice, she also filed a motion to reopen the case.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.