Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

I am currently a tenant, and recently found out that the

Customer Question

Good Afternoon!
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I am currently a tenant, and recently found out that the owner of my rental is a police officer, which i completely respect. My issue here is that the more I thought about it, I realized that home owners information is public record, and, because there has been recent shootings targeted against the police, I am currently feeling unsafe in my rental. I am afraid that someone that may have a vendetta against the homeowner, may mistake me for her... I am currently trying to get out of my lease, but the property management company isn't budging on this... Do I have any rights here?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: PA
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: no. I am locked in until April 2017. I tried to propose a 60 notice, but they are going to make me pay until April.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been a good tenant, but I am a single female that does not currently feel safe in the rental I am in.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Legally, safety issues would not be grounds to break a lease unless landlord consents.

There is breach otherwise by LL. By contrast, if your door was broken and LL refused to fix it, that would be a beach.

Kindly let me know if the answer is clear and acceptable.

Please rate me 5 stars.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.

thank you in advance, and if I can clarify anything, reply and ask me.