Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I was served an eviction notice due to breach of contract

Customer Question

I was served an eviction notice due to breach of contract because I have more people in the house then on the lease, the additional person was a newborn infant.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: I was served a 30 day and told I had to get out by November 10th then a few minuets later the landlord's son handed my little sister an eviction notice that said october thenth
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: california
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes utilities are included and the electricity and water is always turned off
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Are you under a fixed term lease or are you month to month?

Is the water being cut off for nonpayment?