Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I'm living in this apartment for over a year. September 2015

Customer Question

I'm living in this apartment for over a year. September 2015 till now. I had a 1 year lease which expired august 1, 2016. My landlord started taking my mails from the mail carrier and leaving them on my window instead of having the mail person leave it in the mailbox. I wrote a note to the mailperson and taped it on the mailbox asking the mail person not to hand my mails to anyone but instead place them in the mailbox. My landlord ripped the note off and throw it in the garbage. I removed the mailbox from the wall since it was not been used for the purpose I purchase it. I paid her september's rent on the 5th then on September 10th she gave me a 30 days notice to move out september 30. I ignored her as I belive (1) she was being vindictive (2) she automatically renewd my lease when she took September's rent (3) the 30 days notice was invalid since she gave it to me on September 10. I paid her October rent on the 4th and she took it and said as of next month she's not accepting the rent because she gave me a 30 days notice. What are my rights
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Can you tell me what state this is in?