LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have handled Real Estate and Landlord Tenant matters for more than two decades.
15277592

My friend lost her husband 3 months ago. They were married,

Customer Question

my friend lost her husband 3 months ago . They were married , it is her house now. she wants to rent a room for her daughter son.; he is part disable,but works and have a normal life.
It will be ok to make a rental aggment to her daughter to sign since the boy receive a socio security help plus jog money . His mother take care all his money, my friend is 74 years old/
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your friend's loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. If the son is working and has a normal life, aside from the disability, then your friend can allow the mother to sign the rental agreement for the son, but the son should sign the rental agreement as well. The only reason that the son would not need to sign the rental agreement would be if the mother was the Legal Guardian of the son, by order of the court, because the son was unable to competent represent himself.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug