Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My daughter (6 years old) and I got an apartment with my

Customer Question

My daughter (6 years old) and I got an apartment with my girlfriend. Unfortunately my now ex girlfriend wants us gone. She has even stooped so low to say that I abused her. She has suspended the internet which she knows I need to have for a couple of businesses that I do. What are my rights? Can she cancel the internet like that and how long do I legally have to get out. I also put down the mass majority for the deposit to get us into it
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: Florida And i dont know if she has consulted an attorney. She had a police escort come by on Saturday to get some of her things for work for this week. The police told me that i can not call her or text her otherwise it could be considered as harassment
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: No issues at all from that side. I am a single parent with 100% custody so I cant afford to have any slip ups.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My name is ***** ***** the lease.
JA: Sorry. What is her name?
Customer: Which person are you referring to? My daughter or the ex girlfriend?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Under which name is ***** ***** service account?

Did the landlord or the ex file for an eviction yet with the court?