LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.

If im payed up till the end of the month and the land lord

Customer Question

if im payed up till the end of the month and the land lord has told me i need to get out by the end of the month or before and i cannot find a new rental space can they kick me out at the end of the payed up time if i agree to pay another month
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: rent by the month
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 24 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Even if you agree to pay another month, the landlord does not have to allow you to stay and/or accept the payment for the next month. If the landlord wants you to vacate, they need to provide you with the proper written notice, to end the month to month tenancy. If they do not give you the proper notice or advise you in writing, then it would not be deemed to be proper. If you remained, they would have to evict you through the court.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.