Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

Nys landlord tenant issue. my husband went to a house we

Customer Question

nys landlord tenant issue. my husband went to a house we owned and had to show worker shut off water valve in basement. he went into room with tenant and
the room had a strong odor and there was a bed in it. we made it clear no one is allowed in basement. he told them it smelled like pot, I believe he was wrong and we just said we would come back in one week to inspect basement. if there still
is a lingering smell or evidence someone is in basement how often are we
allowed to make inspection. it is a month to month agreement. if we we need
to get them out right away is there another course of action aside from from a 30 day notice
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 24 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what state this is in? Thank you. Also, if the lease specifically disallows the tenant to go to the basement, or, if the basement is not part of the lease, etc?

Expert:  Ely replied 24 days ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!