Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

My lease is ending and my rent is going up 40a month. I had

Customer Question

My lease is ending and my rent is going up 40a month. I had been paying 678. But the rental rate is still 678.00on people moving in. I have lived here 6 years
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: No. They have even gone to my apartment to show how you can fix it up If it matters that this is a tax credit rental
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The company that manages this is from Virginia
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What are you asking, exactly? If the landlord can charge you a different rate than they can those that moved in later?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.