legalgems
legalgems, attorney
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

I signed a lease back in December 2015 at University Trails.

Customer Question

I signed a lease back in December 2015 at University Trails. I ended up staying in Coral Springs, FL instead (7 hours away), and I have made myself responsible to pay the rent even though I do not live there. Finally recently I had someone staying there without the notifying the leasing office, and they immediately gave me a 'Seven Day Notice to Cure Noncompliance'. I was trying to do this by getting this person to sublease, he went to submit an application after I got consent from the leasing office and now they are not allowing me to sublease because he is a male and are stating that they did give consent, and I have the documents to prove it. There is a lot more to it.. they have made me pay more than what my lease said. They did not give me a written notice with my assigned unit. I read through the lease in much detail and found a lot of things that could breach this document. but to this point I just want to get out of this lease agreement because I can't continue to pay 2 rents... It's just impossible.. What can I do?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  legalgems replied 2 months ago.

Hello.

I am sorry to hear this;

if the other party is in breach of the agreement, and it is a material breach, then the lease can be voided. Can I get an idea of the manner in which they are breaching?

Did you have any questions on the above?