Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My landlord is selling the house that i am currently

Customer Question

My landlord is selling the house that i am currently renting. My family and I lived here in this house for 25+ years. Rent is $750 a month, with no repairs, renovations, or routine maintenance. Lease was never updated when original owner passed away(sons of original owner are collecting rent). Lease was never updated when my father passed away(10/11/13) which whom the lease's name was in. Steven Henry(son of original owner)came to our home about 10 days ago and verbally told us that he and his brothers were selling this property, ask for my contact info, then saying that we have to deal with realtor and new owners from now on, then left. No paperwork was given to us or a forwarding contact information.
Now, this house should be condemned by the city of San Diego but we've been toughing it out due to our fixed income, we are on waiting list for Section 8 which is to be in affect within 6-9 months. We need help please.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I have read your comments but I don't see an actual legal question...

.

If you can post your legal question, I will be happy to address it and get you an answer..

.

.

thanks