Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My daughter rented a house with friends in Grand Rapids,

Customer Question

My daughter rented a house with friends in Grand Rapids, Michigan where they are in college.
My daughter has been sick since almost the beginning of her lease, when she moved in the middle of August and so have her roommates. She suspected mold, we hired a mold specialist company to check it all out and it turns out it is quite hazardous to her health.
The air quality was tested as well. Because of ongoing health issues, she needs to move right away. We also sent the report today to the landlord. We are not paying rent for October, and we decided not to ask for her security deposit back. If the landlord says we must pay, even after seeing the report what is our recourse? Thanks,Jamie
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like to cancel and get a refund. I thought this was just a one time pay, I do NOT want to or need to sign up for a monthly fee. Typical scam, to give you all the information and do not tell us we are signing up for a monthly fee?! Please do not charge my card.
Expert:  barristerinky replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Just to be clear...there is absolutely no obligation to sign up for a subscription....it is an option but is not mandatory. You are free to proceed on a pay per question basis if you prefer. If you have accidentally clicked on something to sign up for a subscription and dont' want it, I can make sure that customer service cancels it for you..

.

With that said, I am fully able to answer your question and address any issues if you would like to continue.

If not, just let me know and I can send the question over to JustAnswer customer service and they will happily process a full refund, no questions asked..

.

If you aren't happy, then we aren't happy...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.