CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.

I live in California and was on a year lease. It expired in

Customer Question

I live in California and was on a year lease. It expired in October 31, 2015 and to this parent day, I pay monthly and my rent has been accepted. I now need to move. How many day's notice do I need? My landlord says 60 days and the notice hand delivered. My question is 30 or 60 days?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 27 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

A tenant must give 30 days written notice (the landlord must give 60 as you have lived there more than 12 months, but you are only required to give 30).

See this publication by the CA Attorney General: