Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I have received an eviction notice for 9/30/ I just received

Customer Question

I have received an eviction notice for 9/30/ I just received a notice on 8/30 to sign another lease. Asked why convicted to manager 3x and no answer my apartment is immaculate and I pay my rent way before time. Also received a tenant notice around august for my personal belonging. I am so stressed so now they gave given me to Oct 9 to get warnings nothing. I am now stressing and buying a house and closing not to Nov 20 per the contract. Do I have rights?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MI
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No just signed by a premises agent it appears on the conviction. Told me apartment is already already rented
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I had no prior warnings. Just reported a grill and asked if we could now have grills and than someone banged on my wall on the outside of my apartment and all my pics fell down at 12:30 am and all my pics fell down and I stamped on the ground believing the tenant below did this because I told on their grill. This is a big co Monarch? So I believe they can do this? They bought the previous Co out about a year ago and I know they usually deal with section 8
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 29 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) How many days does the notice give you to move?

2) A notice normally lists a reason as to WHY management feels that the lease should be terminated. Does your notice not list this? And if it does, what is it?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 24 days ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!