Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I Have lived here for 40 years, have never done anything

Customer Question

I Have lived here for 40 years, have never done anything wrong. I have been severly ill for about 3 years and will be 70 this month. I had a problem with the property manager and did report this. He is not the main problem, one of the neighbors has been harassing me. banging on y door no matter what time to tell me there is dirt under my plant stand and implying that I am dirty. Trying to do my laundry and it was very difficult. I almost fell twice and was glad to get in the house again in ome piece. there was a message on my phone stating I left thr laundry room door open and if I opened it I could close it. Which ment I would have to go bac in. The door closes automaticly in a few minutes. this is only some of the things. I am not a dirty persom and my home is very clean and neat.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Norwood, MA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The property Manager incident was filed with elder abuse
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I’m a family lawyer and appellate attorney with 36 years’ experience and also have extensive experience with landlord-tenant issues. I look forward to helping you today.

At the end of our discussion I’m going to ask you to rate me, okay? I’d appreciate it because this is the only way we get credit for our time here today. It is at no extra cost to you.

Please note:This is general information for educational purposes and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. You are advised to retain your own attorney.

If I’m back not here right away, I’m typing my answer. Thanks!

Do you still have an attorney? You can file a protection from abuse in civil court in Mass. against your neighbor so that he or she will leave you alone.

Do you still have an attorney? You can file a protection from harassment in civil court in Mass. against your neighbor so that he or she will leave you alone.

If you can show the following then you can file for protection from harassment:

I SUFFERED HARASSMENT WHEN: on or about (dates) _____________________________________________ the Defendant committed 3 or more acts of willful and malicious conduct aimed at me which were committed with the intent to cause fear, intimidation, abuse or damage to property and did in fact cause fear, intimidation, abuse or damage to property.

It sounds like you have enough to file under this claim. Do you still have a lawyer? Would you like me to find a lawyer for you and are you interested in filing this in court?

I apologize -- there was an error here at the site and my greeting to you seems to have repeated itself several times. I'm sorry about that. I'm sure the problem is fixed now. Thanks for understanding.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.

different expert here.

do you still need an answer?

if so, please let me know exactly what I can answer for you, thanks.