Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I'm renting an apartment, and I have complained about the

Customer Question

I'm renting an apartment, and I have complained about the Marijuana smoke pouring through the vents. It's making me sick, can I sue the complex?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  NYFamilyAttorney replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law and appeals. I look forward to helping you today.

At the end of this session, I will ask you to please rate me as that’s the only way I get credit for helping you. It is NO EXTRA CHARGE to you but it’s important to me! Thanks!

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. This is for educational purposes only and you are advised to seek your own legal counsel. The attorney herein is licensed in NY only.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back asap.

Can you please tell me what state you are in? It's not showing on my side. Also, is there a clause in the lease that prohibits marijuana use in the building? (This is a separate issue from state law). Thanks.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry for your trouble. You could try to use it as a basis to get out of the lease but probably not as a basis for a lawsuit against the apartment complex.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 29 days ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.