How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard - Bizlaw Your Own Question
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 10569
Experience:  Commercial and residential leases in NY & NJ & US
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Richard - Bizlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need an attorney to help me. My husband and I were evicted

Customer Question

I need an attorney to help me. My husband and I were evicted from our home on Sept. 15th. When we moved into this house we were under the impression that we were going to buy the house. The owner told us to fix the house up anyway we wanted. Then after he saw all the work we had done on the place he decided he didnt want to sell the place. Then on August the 26th my husband had a massive heart attack and we only had 500.00 of the 850 for the rent. The landlord told me that he couldnt accepr the 500.00. So we found another place to liv. I akso got very sick in July and had to go to the hospital with breathing problems dur to black mold in the house. I called the landlord and told him there was black mold in the house and he said "No there isnt.".So I looked up my renters rights on the internet and found out a lot of things I didnt know. I need an attorney to help me counter sue this man. Can you help me please.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 8 months ago.

Good evening. The site does not provide legal representation but I can answer any questions which you may have and provide you information, as needed.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need an attorney ti help me
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 8 months ago.

Hello. I’m a family lawyer and appellate attorney with 36 years’ experience and also have extensive experience with landlord-tenant issues. I look forward to helping you today.

At the end of our discussion I’m going to ask you to rate me, okay? I’d appreciate it because this is the only way we get credit for our time here today. It is at no extra cost to you.

Please note:This is general information for educational purposes and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. You are advised to retain your own attorney.

I'll be back in a few minutes after I type my answer. Thanks!

Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

No one on this site can represent you. We only provide information. You would want a landlord tenant attorney. The existence of mold in the house would be a basis for not paying rent or at least reducing the rent during the period the landlord took care of the mold remediation. You can locate a landlord-tenant attorney by going to or They list attorneys by specialty and geographic area. You would want to speak to two or three about your situation to get a feel for how they would approach it. Select the one with which you feel comfortable.

If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions