Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I have an urgent issue here in GA with the landlord of my

Customer Question

I have an urgent issue here in GA with the landlord of my property where I have resided for over 5 years.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: I am a former paralegal and now a Master's educated RN and well versed on my legal rights, but need some assistance. See above...I am in Georgia.
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Yes. I have a year lease that has been renewed numerous times over the last five years and am a long time resident. I have had rat and bug infestation issues since I have moved in and currently pay a monthly fee for these services that are not being provided. In addition, I have been to the local manager and to two other regional managers with problems related to this and for upkeep of the apartment.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: The property is in the middle of upgrading and transitioning each unit to replace all the appliances, blinds, fans, etc. I have now asked over 18 times and have been promised each time that someone will be out to measure and complete this matter. At this point, I do not have a functioning apartment at all. Most of the appliances do not work. I am currently in treatment for breast cancer.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, there is actually just too much to even type. I have had my property stolen, my mailbox broken into and my car totaled twice while in the garage.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is of high priority at this point for my health and safety. The management property has also initiated a new on line payment system that I cannot can utilize and I have to travel quite frequently. I have made good faith efforts and have submitted payment in a money order while in town, but it has been returned to me and eviction notices have been filed.
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

I will send you the offer for a live phone call in a moment.