Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

A female friend of mine was asked if she was willing to

Customer Question

A female friend of mine was asked if she was willing to perform services in exchange for rent owed. Is this type of proposal in any way legal or tolerated under landlord/ tenant relationship?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Can you tell me the State that your question pertains to?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there going to be a charge for the general information I am requesting?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm trying to find out if my friend could be getting into trouble of some kind but I can't afford to expend a kind of substantial fee
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is potentially her problem not mine . I'm just a concerned friend offering her help if she needs it.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If my interest in this matter will cost me an additional fee (59$) could you text me or call me to tell me yes it will or not?

You should not have to pay any additional fees. If the site is sending you phone call offers other additional services payments please ignore them.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok so if I press the orange call me button is it going to cost me $59?

The Attorneys do not handle billing matters and we cannot see your account. I have no idea what the screen looks like on your end.

This is the number for customer service if you have any questions before we proceed

US/Canada1.***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm just concerned because I am a retiree and my funds are real tight for getting through the month.

I understand and I don't want you to pay anything other then what you agreed to. As I said the Attorneys are not involved with the billing or the pop ups for services.

Did you work everythng out with the site?

Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

If you are comfortable with communicating via these posts, then the cost to you will be the approximately $41 for the answer. If you push the orange button then it will be an additional $59. If you are a subscriber your monthly plan would cover the charge for communicating via this post.

Let me know if you want to proceed via these posts and what state you are in.