Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I recently moved into an apartment. One of my neighbors

Customer Question

I recently moved into an apartment. One of my neighbors informed me that my unit was covered in mold and mushrooms due to a fire that happened. I was never disclosed of this and worried that my family and I are breathing in toxic air.
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: Illinois, and no.
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: It is a year lease. Not related to mold, but we have had other issues. a plumbing issue, refrigerator issue, and we never received our key to the back door entrance of the building.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, i think thats it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Have you advise the landlord of your concern? Have you had a 3rd party come out and test/inspect the rental, to see if there are any pending issues?