Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I JUST RECENTLY MOVED INTO MY APARTMENT, THERE ONLY 4UNITS.

Customer Question

I JUST RECENTLY MOVED INTO MY APARTMENT, THERE ONLY 4UNITS. SHE BLACK AND IM INDIAN, SHE TOLD ANOTHER TENANT THE REASON I DID SPEAK TO HIM WAS BECAUSE I LIKE HIM, I NEVER SAID TWO WORD TO THE GUY, (I JUST HAPPEN TO HERE THE CONVERSTION AS I WALK UP TO MY FRONT DOOR) I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING THE GUY SO UPSET THAT I DO NOT TALK TO HIM HE BEEN TELLING OTHER TENTANT HE WANT TO FIGHT ME BECAUSE I DONT TALK OR RESPOND TO HIM OR ANYONE HERE IN THE BUILDNG, THE BLACK LIVE ABOVE ME AND REPORT THE OWNER EACH AND EVERY THING I DO FROM WHAT TIME I LEAVE TO WHEN I COME HOME THEY CALL ME FAGGOT IN THERE UNIT IN WHICH I HEAR THEM, NOW SHE A WOMEN AND IM TRYING MY BEST NOT TO SNAP, BECAUSE I THINKSHE TRYING TO GET ME TO MOVE BECAUSE IM GAY, IM ON SEC 8 AND MY CONTACT IS FOR A YEAR
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: SAN PEDRO,CA
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: NO I HAVE 1400 SQUARE FEET THE OWNER LIKE ME BUT SHE BEEN CALLING HIM EVERY DAY, I HAD TO PUT FURNITURE IN FRONT OF THE DOOR BECAUSE AT NIGHT THE STAND RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT , THE MANITNECE MAN COMES IN WHEN I NOT HOME, THE THING IS I LIKE MY UNIT, IVE BEEN HOMELESS FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS AND IM A DISABLE VET
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: AND I HAVE HIV FOR THE LAST 36 YEARS BUT YOU WOULD KNOW IT, BUT THIS IS GETTING ME STRESS OUT
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 9 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Attorney Bill here an I would like to look into your legal question today. I'm sorry to hear about your current living circumstances that are not an ideally safe and comfortable environment.

As far as the law goes, what are you looking for ?

Your right to break the lease ?

Or are you interested in getting some protection from other residents in the building, like that person I mentioned ?

Is this a normal lease or is something under a Sate housing act ?

Attorney Bill