MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

We have a one year lease. My landlord said he wants to sell

Customer Question

We have a one year lease. My landlord said he wants to sell the house and wants us to move. We have only been here for 8 months. We have no other issues with landlord
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Whoever the landlord sells to will have to honor the lease or give you cash as an incentive for you to move. Just because the landlord sells doesn't mean your lease is invalidated.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The landlord doesn't have a buyer yet. He wants permission from us to show the house. I have a handicapped brother and my parents recently moved in because my dad is ill. Also does the landlord have obligation to pay us for the expense of moving?

You must give him permission to show the property. You cannot prevent him from doing so.

Not if you stay for the duration of the lease, no.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you

You're very welcome. Please don't forget to rate my response at your earliest opportunity. Thank you.