Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

After being served this morning "a writ of possession",can a

Customer Question

After being served this morning "a writ of possession",can a tenant still file an Emergency motion to stay writ of possession on -line?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Yes, that is possible and is often done as a delay tactic to buy a few more days until the judge can set a hearing and rule on it. If it is frivolous, you may want to ask for sanctions at the hearing.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.