Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

My tenancy ends on September 30. I have the rent. The owner

Customer Question

My tenancy ends on September 30. I have the rent. The owner has my deposit of $2600. I still have some if my belongings at 4055 Silver Estates in San Jose. The owner denied having my deposit, but the property management co confirmed that the owner had it. The owner without my knowledge or permission had agreed to show the property. I refused entry due to liability and insurance issues. He claims he can show the house to anyone at any time without my consent. I have moved out but still have my belongings and have paid the rent till Sept 30th. There was a heated exchange and I refused to let them make a copy of the key to the house.
What do I do. He is not prepared to sit down for a comprimising discussion.
Subramaniam Dixit
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

This is in CA, correct?

Is there anything in the written lease regarding landlord access to the property for showing it to prospective tenants?

What is the issue with the deposit? Are you concerned he will not return it?