Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I have been evicted from my apt. I have until the twenty

Customer Question

I have been evicted from my apt. I have until the twenty sixth of Sept.to be out.I was notified yesterday the eighth with the papers stuck in my door handle.The reason for the eviction is that the manager is saying I have someone living with me,i have not now or never had someone living with me I can get an affidavit from everyone I know and they will testify. I live in a assisted living app. As I retired two years ago at age 65 please tell me how to handle this sincerely ***** ***** GUYMON,OK.***-***-****.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 2 months ago.

This is attorney Bill here answering your question on landlord-tenant law today.

Firstly, this is an information request so that I will have more information to give you a better insight into the law.

Is what you have received an eviction notice from the landlord or is it a court order signed by a judge ?

Why does the manager believe otherwise, that there has been another person at your apartment ?

Does he have any evidence of the same ?

What does the lease say in relation to single occupancy and guests ?

Has anyone else in the apartment complex had any similar problems ?

How many days in total have you been given to vacate the apartment, 30?

I await your response

Attorney Bill