Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

In an unlawful detainer suit, after the defendant doesnt

In an unlawful detainer suit, after the defendant doesnt respond in the 5 days, what do i need to file next if all im looking for is an eviction. No cash reimbursement.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You would file a petition for eviction. The clerk of court can supply same. You would be seeking judgment of possession.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thats understood, im having a hard time figuring out what actual forms needta be filed. Im in california if that makes a difference.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are either of these the correct form?
Those forms are for entry of a judgment. You first need to file a complaint based on the notice
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What im not getting is on the request for entry of default form form(ud-116) it says the form is for court judgements for money damages only.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also theres no written rental agreement, it was verbal. Does that affect the forms in this part of the process?
You need to file a complaint. The fact you have no agreement does not change the need.

Kindly rate me 4 or 5 stars.