David Stewart
David Stewart, Attorney
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law
95745447

Can a landlord evict a tennant for keeping a person in the

Customer Question

Can a landlord evict a tennant for keeping a person in the apartment that is not listed in the lease temporaryly
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  David Stewart replied 4 months ago.

Maria - it depends on what your lease says, but in general it is not acceptable for a landlord to evict a tenant for allowing someone to stay with them temporarily. The question should the eviction proceed is whether the person has been there long enough to be considered a resident. I hope this helps you. I am also going to offer you a phone call to go through the situation and lease if you think that would help. However, the bot***** *****ne is the landlord would have a very difficult time proving a temporarly staying friend at your apartment is in violation of your lease. All the best, David