Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I have a landlord and we have NO rental contract. He had me

Customer Question

I have a landlord and we have NO rental contract. He had me served with 30 day no-cause notice to quit. We appeared in court and I was ordered to pay any descepancy by September 5, 2016 at 5:00. I overnight the payment and yesterday he served me a 30 day eviction with no reason. I will move but he is harassing me daily about monies for repairs to things I know nothing about. He has inadvertently taken things of mine in his moves and will not return them. Do I have any rights? I would like the harness me t to stop and let me move in peace.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What state is this in?

How is the landlord harassing you?

When is your moveout date?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nevada, he continues to think things are missing he then finds. He wants me pay for damages to his truck I didn't damage and miscellaneous items around the house. I am just trying to pack and figure out where I am moving as this came out of nowhere. I had no idea he wanted to evict. No calls, correspondence from him ever. Move out would be October 2, 2016

Thank you for your follow up.

Do you live together with the landlord?

Please let me know as to how the landlord is making his demand for compensation for the damages truck or any damages around the house?