How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 661
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I found this page looking for attorney, i have problem with

Customer Question

Hi i found this page looking for attorney, i have problem with my house. City of Village
kicked out of my house. Police officers are involved, the only thing was back two
years ago i had to move out of state and leased my house, once the tenant moved out
i was cleaning and painting, but then i noticed that floor has problem sinking so
i removed the kitchen cabinet and neighbor reported to the city and inspector came up
since then i have big problem and i cann't move in back to my house please help me
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 7 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 7 months ago.

You can usually find an attorney by going to, or Have you tried either of those websites? On this website, we can give you educational legal answers, but we do not represent you through the website.

If the city is involved, then you will have to get the property in compliance with the city codes before he will probably let you back in. Unfortunately, unless you are very handy and can do it yourself, you will likely have to hire a contractor to do the work.

Let me know if that answered your question, or if you have more follow up questions, I'm happy to help.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no your answer does not make sense i'm tried to get back to my house I know I have time to make violations I'm
paying rent and mortgage in my house I spent a lot money and there is one person who can do whatever he
wants in the village, the problem was in the baseman and no violations in the main floor, but still I cannt move in
to the main floor I'm asking if they have rights to kick me out of my house, I'm not buying to have clear compliance
to move in I was living there, so any way just u are advertising
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 7 months ago.

If your house is deemed unsafe, then they can keep you out of the house. The government has the right to intervene in matters of safety. I'm sorry you are going through this.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 7 months ago.

Can you let me know if I've answered your question? Also, you are free to ask follow up questions at no extra charge, so let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions