Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

My mother in law have a dog and they won't allow it and she

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****. My mother in law have a dog and they won't allow it and she have to have it because she is sick and now they want to see the dog and a letter from her therapist and I told them that if they don't answer the door without the letter and we will have to get the deposit and the rent money back because we did not damage anything and we did not move into a new apartment today so I would like to know what can I do to get the money back
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

What is the disability your mother-in-law has? Is the dog a trained service dog? Will the therapist you have write the letter you need? Was the dog disclosed on the rental application?