LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.

I currently rent an apartment in North Richland Hills, Texas

Customer Question

I currently rent an apartment in North Richland Hills, Texas and the maintance personel has entered my apartment without written notice more than twice and the management refuses to stop this from happening and they even deny that they know about it until later but do nothing about it. What can I do about it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what you are dealing with. Do you know why they are entering?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The first time I had requested repair of garbage disposal but the second time they claimed due to a HUD inspection was going to need to replace master bedroom window but no written notice was give before or after and at first denied even enerting the apt but I have no written proof of any maintence work ever completed only verbal responses after supposed work was done.

Thank you for the reply. They would be allowed to enter in an emergency situation or if you made a request for a repair and you were not home to allow entry but they should first give you notice. If they are entering without permission, authorization or a legal basis, then they would be in breach of the lease agreement and disturbing your right to quiet enjoyment, as a tenant. If after providing them written notice and advising that there is no reason/basis for them entering and not giving you notice, that they need to cease this, provide you reasonable notice and if they fail to do so and this continues, you will hold them in breach of the lease, vacate and sue for damages. If they knew there was a HUD inspection, they had advance notice and needed to advise you of the same, that a window would be repaired and that you would need to move your items so they would not get damaged or ruined and in case you wanted to be there, make arrangements.