Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I need to evict a tenant that has broken numerous lease

Customer Question

I need to evict a tenant that has broken numerous lease terms and unsure how to serve him or if there are issues as he is currently voluntarily in Holly Hill mental facility. How do I do this? What challenges do I face given he is in the institution? Also, he has allowed other family members to move into the property and they are causing issues for other adjacent tenants, most recent and severe is driving recklessly and almost running over a 4 year old child. Do I need to include them on the eviction filing (note some are minors and all are family, e.g. wife, daughters, step daughters). Note wife and daughters are not on the lease and I was unaware he was even married when I rented to him plus he is trying to finalize his separation/divorce and does not want them there and willing to communicate to any sheriff.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You would need to serve at last known address. If he has permanently located to this facility, you would serve it there.

The adminstrative office would take the papers on his behalf and it can also be mailed.

Secondly, if he has left with no intent to return as expressed, one may take possession on theory of abandonment.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can we talk on phone as your responses didn't address all my questions in my detailed initial question and it's complicated/difficult to go back n forth via text or email
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Not set up for a call. what can I clarify or further address?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.