CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.

I go to court tommarow morrnig and my land loard has stolen

Customer Question

i go to court tommarow morrnig and my land loard has stolen moved my personal property from back to front trying to scurry me out,he has turned off my power prevented me from useing trash can called cops to tow my truck when i was moving locked the gate that acsses my apt broke in al though i cant prove it was him but nothing was missing,so i know it was him and parked his car right up close to my door so i cant move any thing out in fear ill scratch his car....since court is tommarow what should i do about this and how do i handle it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

I am very sorry to learn of this situation. The conduct you describe is referred to as "constructive eviction" (causing you to lose the use of your property without actually locking you out), and "illegal eviction" (losing the use of your property without court process).

The landlord can be held liable for money damages for both of these.

If the landlord is asking to evict you, the eviction can be denied for both of these forcing the landlord to start over - if your rent is current, the landlord can be denied an eviction for up to 6 months under a principle called "retaliatory eviction" (meaning he cannot evict you for this time period because of his past bad behavior).

Explain to the judge exactly what the landlord has done and ask the court to award damages.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what if i have no prof of this stuff just picters

You have both your testimony and the photographs. Both of which are evidence to prove your claims.

While I cannot guarantee an outcome in any court action, many litigants discount their own testimony when preparing their legal arguments - your statements are admissible and will be considered by the court. So make sure you practice your statement, gather your thoughts (make notes) and try to paint a picture of what occurred - if you have photographs this is even better.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do i owe you for that info because i already kenw that.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if i do how much

My apologies, you already knew about the constructive eviction and illegal eviction theories, as well as the retaliatory evictions.

Or about how your testimony is admissible evidence?

There is only one charge for this thread (we do not charge additional for follow up questions).

Regarding how much you are charged for this question, you will need to check with our Customer Service, unfortunately I do not have access to this information for your account (I do apologize for the inconvenience):