Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I am living in a mobile home court in Minnesota and the

Customer Question

I am living in a mobile home court in Minnesota and the owners are trying to sell it. I am renting the mobile home I am in, I am currently behind on my rent but for good reasons and I have asked for a balance of what I owe and everytime I get my computer is broke down or some other reason and I finally when he gave me an amount it was almost 8000 way more than I expected. he claims its from 4 years. I don't currently have a lease I had one the first year I moved in but never gave me a new lease when my old one expired almost four years. and now I have broken windows broken front door frame so in the winter I have lots of cold air come in so it cost me a lot of fuel to heat my house in the winter and the owners say they will fix over the years and nothing has happened. and now he wrote up this little agreement to have me keep currwnt and pay an additional 250 a month or he will bring it to court. but in the agreement it says nothing where we agree to have the issues fixed just about paying the money back. of course im not signing it until I get what we agreed on and notorized.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Can you tell me how the windows and door got broken?

Are you saying you are eight thousand behind on the rent?

What is your legal question I can help with tonight?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The door is not broken it just doesn't seal. it was kicked down by police before I moved in so its been like that since day one and the window screens also have been broken never fixed. I never had all my windows some are missing? the owners say in 8000 behind I was thinking 2000 or so but so far he has no documents to back up his claim just his word. my question is if this was brought to court would I have a chance of winning since a lot of stuff is broken and never fixed. I don't want an evection on my record if I can help it