Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

Can I evict a tenant for subl/etting week ends without my

Customer Question

can I evict a tenant for subl/etting week ends without my permission
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: incline village, nevada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I granted verbal permission when she supposedly went overseas aa year ago
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 1 month ago.

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for your question today and it is my pleasure to be of assistance to you today. The use of this forum will not constitute any lawyer-client relationship but is strictly legal information provided by me to you. After taking my opinion on board, you should further consult with local attorney, who will be able to assess your information based on local laws and a complete interview.

I will do my utmost to answer your question as accurately as possible. If I require additional information, I will ask you and please provide as much as is convenient and possible in your circumstances.

In return, after I’ve answered your question, PLEASE RATE THE SERVICE POSITIVELY BEFORE LEAVING, this ensures that I get a credit for my answer.

Alternatively, you may follow up with me on your question until you sufficiently understand and are happy with the explanation of the law, and THEREAFTER PLEASE RATE POSITIVELY.

To answer your question accurately I would like to know the stipulation in the lease agreement referring to subleases. What does the lease state ?

I see you granted verbal permission ?

When did you indicate/if ever that she no longer had your consent to sublease ?