Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

I signed a lease in South Carolina one year can extend if I

Customer Question

I signed a lease in South Carolina one year can extend if I want. It is in a high end neighborhood first night I stayed bed bugs next morning left town told property manager they sent out company treated then it couldn't be stayed in for two weeks then I went bought new bedding spent thousands, they bought covers for mattresses I stayed one night and got bites again so left sent a message loaded up my clothes told her I was sick of it now she says they will send out a dog to see if any alive cause treatment company says they were dead. Can I get out of my lease? I had to put down months deposit,each month high over $3k a month too...
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.
you may cancel as LL has breached the lease.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If LL resists You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.Kindly rate me five stars.