Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

You have a few minutes, explaining the details of the case

Customer Question

You have a few minutes, explaining the details of the case and how our landlord took advantage of our trust and good nature in an attempt to extract as much money from us as possible both post and prior the eviction.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California, O
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Eviction has been executed we are out..
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, a lot.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Did you have a specific legal question that I can help with tonight?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
A specific legal question, no. We are looking for precedence in pursuing a Civil action against the landlord to recover loss and damages.
1. Landlord did not reveal needed repairs he had full knowledge of prior to lease signing. Remember he lived at the residence in question continuously for 20 years prior to us taking I residence.
I have a lot more, documented actions this worm took. These actions only become obvious as an attempt to extract monies in excess of Trans Lux and have us evicted anyway.

Ok, thank you for that information. The way this works is customers post legal questions and then the attorney expert does their best to give correct, legally accurate answers. Sometimes good news, sometimes bad.

.

But if you are looking for legal representation, the attorneys here on the site can't represent customers under our independent contractor agreement with JustAnswer.

.

I will opt out and open up the question to other experts who might be able to assist further.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Some background on me. I'm an educated professional engineer. Resigning from General Electric 9 years ago I started my own S Corp. X Strategy, Inc. My reputation and references are impeccable...I don't this this is on-line process is going to work. There is just too much information that needs to be transferred. It will all come down to a question of 'Character' and who the jury believes, the money grubbing sub-human moron or me.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As part of my divorce settlement, X Strategy had to be disillusioned, and so begins the story...
I have assets however they lack liquidity. A cash flow problem can be resolved but it takes a little time. I'm starting a new company, the birthing process can be difficult. My initial burn rate was higher than expected and I ran short on cash. I assured the landlord of my ability to pay by borrowing against or cashing some of these assets. Fine, he'll work with me. However he adds the caveat "To protect his investment he must begin the eviction process as a formality. I understand completely and would probably do the same. Because of his implied assurance and understanding I do not challenge the Eviction. I received the notices as they arrive with no attempt at evasion. In my mind I have promised to pay any outstanding amount and reasonable penalty as specified in my lease agreement. I can easily provide 25 senior executive character references. I'm crazy, sure. However I'm a man of integrity that always delivers on his obligations without exception.I was 4 hours late providing 'Trans Lux' as I had to wait for the banks to open.Back to the Rental -
2. Landlord did not disclose the 'Cockroach' problem caused by having a sewer main manhole (not disclosed in whri on the property. The manhole cover was not readily visible as it was covered with loose dirt, just not enough. The rodent problem from the 3 bay attached garage. We did not have access to garage bays as part of the lease. The landlord retained control of the 3 bays and used them for storage.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
on and on and on..