Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.

I put money down on a apartment and I was never given my

Customer Question

I put money down on a apartment and I was never given my copies and then some things changed so I went today to change my mind and asked for copies of the lease and I still did not get any copies and I was also told I would lose my deposit first months tent plus have to play a extra 3,000 for a place I never moved into
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
You can cancel if the agreement was not signed by both sides. Until then either side can cancel.
If landlord gives you a hard time consider this too.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Kindly rate me five stars.