Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

RENTER'S INSURANCE CLAIM GURU REQUEST PLEASE: BURDEN OF

Customer Question

RENTER'S INSURANCE CLAIM GURU REQUEST PLEASE:
BURDEN OF PROOF GURU REQUESTS ALSO REVIEW:
I AM A VICTIM OF A CRIME IN WHICH A LARGE SUM OF MONEY BELONGING TO ME WAS A) STOLEN / MISSING / LOST FROM MY EX BF's APARTMENT I WAS EXPECTED TO STAY IN AT LEAST A MONTH.ONE MONTH LATER I RETURN HOME TO FIND LETTER FROM PROSECUTOR SAYING THEY AREN'T PURSUING A DIRECT THEFT CHARGE, THIS IS CONSIDERED A FELONY AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT TO ROBBERY, A CIVIL ISSUE BUT APPARENTLY THEY WERE TREATING IT AS A FAMILY DOMESTIC ISSUE.
I AM GOING TO FILE A CLAIM THROUGH HIS RENTER'S INSURANCE. I HAVE MY STUB INDICATING THE AMOUNT AND HOW LONG I WAS HOLDING ON TO THE CHECK AND HOPING MY BANK HAS THE SEQUENTIAL BILLS AT THE VERY LEAST. I AM ENTITLED TO OBTAIN MY MONEY SINCE IT WAS LOST/STOLEN/DESTROYED/DISAPPEARED SOMETIME DURING MY STAY IN HIS APARTMENT. YOU MUST READ THE ATTACHMENT FOR DETAILS.ANY AND ALL ADVICE ON WHAT A CLAIM ADJUSTER WILL REQUIRE BASED ON INFORMATION I'VE DETAILED, ALSO ON THAT POLICE REPORT AND ADDENDUM IS WELCOME. .
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 3 months ago.

.