Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I rented a property with trees and privacy from neighbors

Customer Question

I rented a property with trees and privacy from neighbors due to the landscaping now the landlord removed all greenery and its a desert with no privacy what rights do I have.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I am preparing my response to your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Since the landscaping was the primary reason that you rented the place and the Landlord has now interfered with that landscaping, you can request that the Landlord reduce the rent because you are no longer getting what you paid for. That your quiet enjoyment of the premises has been interfered with. Also, the reduction in rent would help offset the higher electric bills because of the sun now that trees are gone. If the Landlord refuses to compensate you, then you would have to send a notice to the Landlord for early termination of the lease due to the Landlord's breach and vacate the premises.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.